New Online Banking Platform
The new online banking system increases your security and provides an improved interface with our Mobiliti apps. Upon your first login, you'll be prompted to update your Login ID and Security Code (password). Here's how to gain access to your account:
Your Login ID will be the same as your previous Login ID which is usually your 5-digit account number with a leading 0. For example:
Security Code (Password)
Your new security code will be the word 'security' in all lowercase + the last 4 of the primary member’s Social Security Number.
If the last four of your SSN is 1234, then your default passcode is security1234.
- Scheduled Transfers will need to be set up again.
- Shared Accounts are no longer available.
- You will have access to any account you are joint on.
- Representatives can assist you with relationship accounts for other member-to-member transfers.
- You'll need to re-enroll in Credit Sense if you use it to check your credit score/receive tailored offers.
Continue to Home Banking
Questions about the change? Contact us today for additional information.
How holiday thieves get on the naughty list and put your finances at risk
Increased online shopping and spending raises the risk of holiday fraud. An estimated two-thirds of consumers are expected to buy most of their gifts online this holiday season due to the ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic.
How to keep yourself safe this season:
- Confirm the security of the site(s) on which you are shopping to make sure they are secure before inputting your credit or debit card information
- Use a credit card for your online purchases, instead of a debit card so you can dispute chargers and limit potential damage
- If a company asks you to update your password or account information, look up the company’s phone number and call them directly
- Don’t fall for freebies like free iphones, vacation packages, and other luxury items all for simply downloading a holiday phone background, wallpaper, or game
- Verify any emails that look like they are coming from FedEx or UPS saying they want to set up delivery for packages to you
- Don’t click on any unsolicited emails asking you to click on a link or download an app to access a deal or arrange a delivery
- Be sure to only use secure Wifi networks when performing financial transactions, including gifts to charitable organizations
- Buy gift cards directly from the issuing company or store instead of third-party sites
- Confirm the authenticity when you are making charitable donations instead of following a website or email link
- Never wire money directly to a seller
- Always get a tracking number for any items you purchase online so you can monitor the progress of your order and follow its delivery to you
If you encounter a scam this holiday season, report it immediately and file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission (online or at 877-382-4357) and report it to your state’s attorney general and consumer protection office.
Your savings are federally insured to at least $250,000, and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.
Equal Housing Lender - We do business in accordance with the Federal Fair Housing Law and the Equal Housing Opportunity Act.
Lincoln Park Community Credit Union is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience in accordance with ADA standards and guidelines. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website to all people. If you are using a screen reader or other auxiliary aid and are having problems using this website, please contact us at 313.389.2300 for assistance. All products and services available on this website are available at our office as well.