Our Story

Our storyFor over 80 years we’ve helped our members become the heroes of their financial lives.

Our story starts with you. We’re a small credit union with a big story and we want to help you with yours.  We started in the janitor’s closet of a school and grew over the years by simply helping people live their best financial life.

Over the years, the Credit Union has seen many changes, but one thing has always remained steady, and that is our commitment to our members.


Our Mission 

Our mission is to promote savings among our members, provide credit for productive purposes and deliver Secure Technologically Advanced Services

  • Loans, Mortgages & Home Equity
  • Provide Technological Advanced Services
  • Create a source of Credit
  • Competitive Rates & Fees
  • Unique Personalized Service

Our History

Here’s a little trip down memory lane:

  • 1936 – Lincoln Park School Employees Credit Union was founded by Howard Derr, principal of Hoover School. Mr. Derr conducted business in a janitors closet at Hoover School on Howard Street in Lincoln Park.
  • 1958 – Municipal Employees of Lincoln Park were added to our field of membership and we became the Lincoln Park School and City Employees Credit Union.
  • 1964 – Lincoln Park School and City Employees Credit Union expanded our field of membership to include Postal Employees of Lincoln Park.
  • 1965 – Allen Park School, Municipal Employees and Postal Employees were added to our field of membership.
  • 1966 – Mr. Derr retired as Principal and the Credit Union moved to its first office (outside of Hoover School) at 1280 Arlington, Lincoln Park.
  • 1966 – Credit Union hit 1 Million in assets.
  • 1969 – Credit Union moved to 1711 Fort Street, Lincoln Park.
  • 1973 – Melvindale Municipal Employees were added to our field of membership.
  • 1974 – Credit Union purchased the building at 1880 Emmons, Lincoln Park, and moved to the new office over Thanksgiving weekend.
  • 1974 – Name was changed to Lincoln-Allen Credit Union.
  • 1976 – Credit Unions were approved to have a “share draft” (checking) program.
  • 1977 – “Share Draft Accounts (checking)
  • 1985 – ATM card
  • 1987 – Field of Membership was expanded to include anyone who lives or works in the City of Lincoln Park.
  • 1987 – Name was changed to Lincoln Park Community Credit Union.
  • 1987 – VISA credit card
  • 1993 – LPCCU built our present location at 1400 Emmons Lincoln Park.
  • 2003 – Website, Homebanking and E-bill
  • 2005 – Mortgage Lending
  • 2005 – Masatercard Debit Card
  • 2011 – Total Assets as of Year End 47.7 Million
  • 2012  – Mobile Banking